Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus in Spain with Japanese

Options
  • 22-07-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going in to second year of Languages, Literature and Film in UL. In our 3rd year we have to do Erasmus (that would be September 2012) and it's quite difficult to find info on it. In my course, Erasmus is compulsory. The languages I'm studying are Spanish and Japanese. The University in Barcelona (UAB) offers Japanese so I will more than likely be going there. I still have a few things that are confusing me.

1. Is Erasmus on a pass / fail basis or does it contribute towards your QCA?

2. After you've met your own academic requirements for subjects, can you pick whatever modules you want as long as they don't clash?

3. I'm hoping to do Co Op in Spain for the semester before that, meaning I will hopefully be in Spain for a full year. Does anyone know what grants are available since I will be there for a year?

4. If the exams take place in January, after you're due to start back in UL, do you still need to sit the exams and miss some college or what?

5. Does anyone know anything about UAB? I'm not sure if the language courses there are actual modules or just a way for you to learn the language.

6. What are free choice credits? Do they affect me since I'm just going to be an Erasmus student?

7. What is the cost of living like in Spain? And just general life in Spain?

8. I've only been studying Spanish for just under a year. Will it be difficult for me to understand the lecturers, even if I'm there 6 months prior to doing Erasmus?

9. What is your overall opinion of Erasmus?

If anyone has any info on any of this, or even co op in Spain, I would greatly appreciate it :)
    Tagged:

Advertisement