Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire HD System Update

Options
  • 22-07-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I've just received an update notification for my HD. I'm on 3.

Anyway, I downloaded it and it says it is for improved wifi performance. I never had any problems with the wifi but doing the install.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

MrMan wrote: »
    I've just received an update notification for my HD. I'm on 3.

Anyway, I downloaded it and it says it is for improved wifi performance. I never had any problems with the wifi but doing the install.

Try your GPS to see if it's stilll working..

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MrMan

OREGATO wrote: »

Just checked. All ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Looking at my desire HD

Software Version: 2.3.3
    HTC Sense Version: 2.1

Are these the latest updates or am i behind?

Am i missing out by not rooting my HTC vs the standard updates

MrMan wrote: »
    OREGATO wrote: »

Just checked. All ok thanks.
    Can you go to software and print the build number, some of us having problems with gps after last update.. thread is on here too.

Go to software information and look at the build number.

Known problem regarding build 2.50.161.2 whereby the GPS signal cannot be got..

Mr Man, could you check this for us and let us know what upgrade you are on??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I just got the same update as Mr Man and have to say the last week or so my Wifi has been terrible found it very hard to get it to work.

Done the update and my Build number is 2.50.405.2 CL87995 is this right or wrong? Im a tit with stuff like this

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MrMan

It's build 2.50.405.2

So far wifi and gps have been fine. Used gps quite a bit over the weekend.

Thanks for getting back to this thread guys.

There is an issue with the build Build Number: 2.50.161.2 CL87995 release-keys

Which a few people had received the previous week and it's completely messed up the GPS on the phone.

We've still no resolution to it either, thread is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056328374

In future, I'm not going to update as soon as I see an update on the phone, it's not worth the hassle if you get a duff update as there is no way to rollback the update at all without sending the phone back to your supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Did they fix this yet? I'm still on the initial update that came with Gingerbread (build number 2.36.405.8) and when I search for an update it says it's for Wifi performance improvements with the build listed as 2.50.405.2 which appears to be newer than the one you guys have posted (2.50.161.2).

I havn't downloaded it in case it screws up the GPS but do you guys reckon it'll safe enough as it's newer than that version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Did they fix this yet? I'm still on the initial update that came with Gingerbread (build number 2.36.405.8) and when I search for an update it says it's for Wifi performance improvements with the build listed as 2.50.405.2 which appears to be newer than the one you guys have posted (2.50.161.2).

I havn't downloaded it in case it screws up the GPS but do you guys reckon it'll safe enough as it's newer than that version?
    I would hold off for the time being I have build number 2.50.405 and the new update has started to give me big problems, the location of the phone has started to play up and can't use gps or maps at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

My GPS works fine, but the Youtube app seems to be broken. I cannot upload videos, and accessing "My channel" from the Youtube app causes it to crash. I've done a factory reset and it's still broken.

Advertisement