Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phone? Using 'Where's my Droid?'

Options
  • 22-07-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi I am wondering can install Where's my droid after I have lost my phone using the android market on the internet to find my phone or would I have to it installed before its lost and enable it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Was just trying to do it there as if I had lost my phone, and in short - no, I don't think so, it needs to have GPS already on (and presumably have a GPS signal) to be able to send you it's location

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye it needs either internet of GPS.

Install Lookout. This automatically turns on your GPS.
    I'm not sure if theres any configuration that needs to be done on the phone. I think its good to go once u send it down from the market, so should be fine for this purpose.

Also, you access your phone via the website. Once you sign up, you enter your phones number and i think it links to your google account thats you use on your phone. Then you just clock "locate" and it'll show you the phone on Google Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Yes I think my GPS would be on normally. Is that the only thing that needs to be switched on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye it needs either internet of GPS.

Install Lookout. This automatically turns on your GPS.
    I'm not sure if theres any configuration that needs to be done on the phone. I think its good to go once u send it down from the market, so should be fine for this purpose.

Also, you access your phone via the website. Once you sign up, you enter your phones number and i think it links to your google account thats you use on your phone. Then you just clock "locate" and it'll show you the phone on Google Maps.

From their website it seems I have to signup via my phone. So I don't think that'll be possible. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i cant remember to be honest. I set it up ages ago. But if u have GPS turned on then just use Wheres My Droid. That'll install and respond to the default key words. Text "GPS My Droid" from a smartphone to your phone, and it'll reply with a link to Google Maps after about 30 seconds.
    Or if you think its down the back of your sofa, text it "Wheres My Droid" and it'll start beeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

No you won't be able to do anything about it if you've already lost your phone. If you downloaded the app off market.google.com you'd need to configure it for your e-mail address etc.
    Next time download the app/s (where's my droid/lookout) as soon as you get your new phone to avoid things like that happening again.

Advertisement