Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of Enda Kenny's speech on the Vatican?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere online I can get the full video of this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks a lot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I am amazed that this issue hasn't got more coverage in this forum. Enda Kenny drew a line on Wednesday between the past where we bowed down to Rome (or bent over) and the present where we stand up as an independent republic and tell them where to go.

Landmark moment in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Godge wrote: »
    I am amazed that this issue hasn't got more coverage in this forum. Enda Kenny drew a line on Wednesday between the past where we bowed down to Rome (or bent over) and the present where we stand up as an independent republic and tell them where to go.

Landmark moment in history.

I think because almost every forum member's opinion was "It's about bloody time." Little to discuss really beyond a whole bunch of +1s about the speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

See even Michael Martin is rushing in now to land one on the Vatican ... now that Enda has led the charge.

Interesting times we live in when even FF is feeling free to criticise the Vatican ... have we finally declared a Republic or what?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

nesf wrote: »
    I think because almost every forum member's opinion was "It's about bloody time." Little to discuss really beyond a whole bunch of +1s about the speech.

The forum is great for pointing out what is wrong with what everyone is doing, be they FF, FG or anyone else. Sometimes credit is due and this is something for which Enda Kenny is due great credit.

Reading the newspapers, they seem to get it. In the midst of getting interest rate reductions etc, he found the time to go out and bat against the church on this issue. Lesser politicians (like Bertie) would have washed their hands and said it was for the church to deal with Cloynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Godge wrote: »
    The forum is great for pointing out what is wrong with what everyone is doing, be they FF, FG or anyone else. Sometimes credit is due and this is something for which Enda Kenny is due great credit.

Reading the newspapers, they seem to get it. In the midst of getting interest rate reductions etc, he found the time to go out and bat against the church on this issue. Lesser politicians (like Bertie) would have washed their hands and said it was for the church to deal with Cloynes.

I agree with you, I'm just not surprised that there wasn't a big thread in here about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

It's easy to give out about the vatican but we are better off trying to get our own house in order

Like can anyone tell me what Liam Adams is still doing here

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0727/1224301448503.html

Advertisement