Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry into UCC with Fetac Cert

Options
  • 22-07-2011 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently completed a Fetac level 5 course in Information Technology. I done quite well, achieving 9 distinctions and 1 merit.

The course I have picked as my first choice in UCC has five places allocated for Fetac entries.

My question is this; if four people gain entry by achieving 10 distinctions, and another two applicants have the same Fetac results (ie 9 distinctions + 1 merit) how is the last place allocated ??

Sorry if this sounds like a maths question from the leaving cert paper :D

I was hoping to get a mature student place, but it's looking unlikely now and I'm getting a bit nervous.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Hi michael from what I've heard the allocation of places is like a lottery so the luck of the draw! I could be wrong though! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

Thanks for the reply !!

A lottery ?? Jaysus I'm panicking now...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Sorry don't want you to panic I'm only going on what I've read here and on other forums! Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rlow68

Sorry don't want you to panic I'm only going on what I've read here and on other forums! Fingers crossed for you!

Even If you have 15 distinctions it is irrelevant, your points are chosing on only 8 modules and most courses request that some of the distinctions are related to the course you applied for. The course subject requirements in your 8 modules is the most important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Yea, its random selection if yere all on the same points im afraid...

• Advertisement
Advertisement