Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left4Dead2 - Dead Air Update

Options
  • 22-07-2011 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

For any of those who still dabble in L4D2, the map "Dead Air" from the original L4D will be released later today/tonight (assuming all goes well) , chances are they'll probably give a free L4D2 weekend or something as usual with their big updates.

I expect versus to be overloaded with this map, should be fun, No Mercy is still the most popular map in L4D2 :P

Since you hit your mark, this means we are going to unlock Dead Air early. We are going to try and release it as early as possible but will release it on July 22nd the latest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

been looking forward to this for ages now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Damn, I miss the old campaigns.

I want to see what changes they've made, No Mercy was very sparse in anything but these ones apparantley have had some modifications.

I can only play so much Dead Center and Cold Stream is a load of shìte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Stopped playing L4D2 a while ago but will come back for this. Far and away the best L4D map.

I'd say they're gonna put a lot of railings and stuff in though because otherwise the places where you could smoke some one are now going to be insta kill charger spots. And there are a lot of them in DA.

I also can't wait to see what effect it has on the crescendo events with all the old camping spots being off limits now due to the spitter and charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I would hate to own this game on 360. Along with sup par graphics and bad framerates Microsoft are probably going to make valve charge for this DLC.

PC gaming FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Woot finnaly the update is upon us, i got a versus server running for L4D2.
    Add me on steam and we can have a game later :)

Steam ID : jacko1984

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I would hate to own this game on 360. Along with sup par graphics and bad framerates Microsoft are probably going to make valve charge for this DLC.

PC gaming FTW.

Keep that crap up and it's not going to end well for you. No PC vs. The World shite in here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

taking feckin ages to download this atm :confused:

And it will be unplayable tonight too due to the matchmaking being linked into Steam.

Got a game of versus in.
    Pulled off an old style smoke and hunter pile drive on the ladder on the first level B)

Only differences I noticed were at the end of 4 the metal detector is now a forced running crescendo. Bugged out for enemy team and hardly any horde came.

5 is also bugged in that by just walking from the safe room to the truck to start finale the whole team gets to like 790/800. They fixed a lot of camping spots in it. Out by the rope there is now fire and the corners at the back have gates where common spawn so they drop in behind you if you try to stay there.
    Dunno how differently it plays out cause both teams wiped :p
    We won though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Played a versus there myself - there's a fair few charger kill points and the spitter is useful to deter camping at the action events. It's really a campaign more suited to the hunter filled L4D1 though, the first 3 maps are tailor made for high pounces.

For the finale you can camp easily enough by the room on the opposite side to the fire. Remember to scatter for the tank or face death by luggage transport :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Completed a campaign on normal last night. Enjoyable but unusual in that there was one section (at the security gates i think) where there there seemed to be maybe 3 hordes that came, it was chaos for well over 5 minutes. But then at the finale, it was a leisurely stroll onto the plane and no-one lost an ounce of health! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mr E wrote: »
    Keep that crap up and it's not going to end well for you. No PC vs. The World shite in here please.

Not to mention I have L4D2 on both 360 and PC and it's surprisingly good on 360. Don't notice anything really between it and the PC version to be honest, though that's hardly surprisingly considering L4D2 in itself isn't the most visually advanced game to begin with. It was designed to be hardware friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Agricola wrote: »
    Completed a campaign on normal

There's your problem :pac:

I know what you mean about the finale though. Even on my own server it was far easier to complete than it was on L4D1 when on Expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

An odd level. Part 4 was really difficult and is buggy. We had a large horde 5 out of 6 times at the van and at the metal detectors, and on the 6th non spawned.

The Scav map is fairly pants unfortunately.

Advertisement