Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrueCrypt Question

Options
  • 22-07-2011 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 1tb 2.5" external hard drive partitioned as follows:

1 - 5gb for College - NTFS - X:
    2 - 50gb encrypted - NTFS - R:
    3 - 875gb for Ps3 - Fat32 - Z:

Following this guide I tried to create and encrypt a hidden partition.
    When I encrypted the second partition it was orginally set as the P: drive and when I enter the password to the hidden volume after following the guide it shows as the R: drive in My Computer, but the P: drive still remains.

71577643.jpg
    (Mounting the outer section)
    66520751.jpg
    (Mounting the inner hidden section)

When I initally plug in the HDD it pops up telling me I need to format the P: drive.

11435618.jpg

Did I do something wrong during the encryption process or what? The files seem to be saved/working properly in the R: drive. It's going to bug me if it pops up everytime I plug it in. I don't mind repeating the guide again but not if I'm going to make the same mistake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

This pops up all the time on my truecrypt encrypted drives. It's nothing to worry about. By the way it goes without saying not to format it. Just cancel it and mount it with truecrypt. But it will drive you mad ;) the message that is

Advertisement