Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAt 32

Options
  • 22-07-2011 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I have an external hard drive and I want to be able to transfer movies onto it and play them on a PS3. It said on internet i need to format it to FAT 32, but someone said u cant format an external harddrive over 32G in FAT 32. Any help would be great. I have my movies saved onto the laptop - thanks to help of a previous poster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

With FAT32 you are also limited to a max file size of just under 4GB. Not good news if you have any large HD files.

A great option is to stream them to the PS3 with PS3 media server.

Install it on the laptop, run it, go to media servers in PS3 menu, you will see PS3 media server icon, browse to the videos and play. SD works very well over wireless, HD may need
    a wired connection. Laptop and PS3 need to be on same network.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/

It can be done, I've done it loads of times. Use the software in the link above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks for replies. I am not great on computers - how do i do that - do i download that program? What do i google to find the programme?. Do I leave the harddrive connected while i do it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

JOHNPT wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. I am not great on computers - how do i do that - do i download that program? What do i google to find the programme?. Do I leave the harddrive connected while i do it?

Thanks

Yup, you have to download the program to use it.

No need to google, you can download it by clicking the 'Download' link on the very same page.

No idea, but luckily that page has instructions on it. Magic.

Advertisement