Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from Hard drive

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have about ten movies saved on an external hard drive which i can play on my laptop when I connect it. Is there anyway i can transfer the movies to my laptop permanently so I dont have to plus in the hard drive if i want to watch them. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

JOHNPT wrote: »
    Hi

I have about ten movies saved on an external hard drive which i can play on my laptop when I connect it. Is there anyway i can transfer the movies to my laptop permanently so I dont have to plus in the hard drive if i want to watch them. Thanks

Can you not drag them from the external hard drive onto the C: in windows explorer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks doing that and its working. Actually have about 14 movies but will only let me transfer about 10 then it says dont have enough space in drive C. Is there anything i can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Clear any unwanted data / remove programs from the C: drive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Can you tell me how many drive letter you see iin windows explorer and what size they are? Right click on a drive letter and click properties. You don't want to fill c drive too much as it needs space to alllow the computer to work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks i did that and now have them transferred to Drive D

• Advertisement
Advertisement