Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending more than 300 emails a day

Options
  • 21-07-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

i have a hotmail account which limits me to 100 sent emails at a time and 300 sent emails a day.
    i need to send 700 emails a day to the same people.
    is there any way this can be done in one go, for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's a reason why you can't with commercial providers..

.. this sounds suspiciously like spamming tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

kdowling wrote: »
    i have a hotmail account which limits me to 100 sent emails at a time and 300 sent emails a day.
    i need to send 700 emails a day to the same people.
    is there any way this can be done in one go, for free?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, if you're willing to pay a tenner a month, you can use Rackspace.co.uk for hosting and partner with Sendgrid.com, allowing you to send 40,000 emails per month. It's something I've had to set up this week for legitimate reasons. Can you let us know what your purpose is? If it's something you need so badly, maybe it's worth a tenner a month to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

i'm not a spammer!! i had a customer base of 600 emails who i send emails to each day so i had 2 hotmail accounts. my customer base has increased to 700 which would mean setting up a third hotmail account which would be a pain.
    that 10 euros a month sounds good?
    can you group your contacts to send 700 emails in one go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think it would be worth you getting a domain then to send emails from. It'll look more official then a hotmail account and it shouldn't restrict the amount of emails you send. They're quite cheap to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I think it would be worth you getting a domain then to send emails from. It'll look more official then a hotmail account and it shouldn't restrict the amount of emails you send. They're quite cheap to set up.

i asked my domain provider today if i signed up for emails what the limit would be and he said 100 per day! and there is no way of upgrading.
    i thought that was pretty poor.

what about this Rackspace.co.uk , do they give you a new email address?
    can you send 700 in one go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Letshost will let you send 250 emails per hour.

Not sure if there is a daily limit.

http://www.letshostsupport.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=120&nav=0,4

Advertisement