Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hollowtech 2 preload cap spares

Options
  • 21-07-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Just got a set of hollow tech 2 cranks and they didn't come with a preload cap
    L_1dc2ee35b06c121587ae0cbc0ca85f94.jpg

Does someone know where i might get one of these in dublin city.

Also, do i leave it in after installation or take it out?? it's only meant to be hand tight so i'd be worried it might work it's way off,

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

abcdggs wrote: »
    Just got a set of hollow tech 2 cranks and they didn't come with a preload cap
    L_1dc2ee35b06c121587ae0cbc0ca85f94.jpg

Does someone know where i might get one of these in dublin city.

Also, do i leave it in after installation or take it out?? it's only meant to be hand tight so i'd be worried it might work it's way off,

any help would be greatly appreciated

What are they off? I can get you one tomorrow evening but its a smaller sized one. There are two types!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

these
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CSOOTC/on-one-external-bearing-track-crankset
    not sure what size it takes though, i've never used this type of crankset before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

abcdggs wrote: »
    these
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CSOOTC/on-one-external-bearing-track-crankset
    not sure what size it takes though, i've never used this type of crankset before.

I can meet you tomorrow evening in city centre if you like around 8.30 ish ill bring the cap and if you bring the crankset you can see if it fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

that would be great, pm on it's way

Advertisement