Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blast from the past

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Googling something else and I found this.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/portmarnock-up-in-arms-over-cycle-lane-plan-795391.html

I reckon the research and due diligence was done here to protect SUV parking spots more than look out for cyclists but interesting to see German and Danish cycling studies quoted and the common sense rule of no cycle lane is better than a bad one.

Not sure if there are lanes there now or not?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yo chakattack. I take it you posted this in the wrong thread. What thread was it meant for? I can move it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

I meant to start a new one - sorry! Although broomwagon is probably the best place for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

chakattack wrote: »
    Not sure if there are lanes there now or not?

There aren't. They'd be fairly pointless along there tbh.

Advertisement