Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray kittens

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:15pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Have a bit of a problem here with some stray kittens (4 x 2 months old). Long story short, we've been in touch with an association who've been helpful, but realistically, there's much more supply than there is demand and it's likely that they'll have to be put down. I wouldn't really lose sleep over this, but I'm wondering if there are other alternatives. Personally, I think they're reasonably tame now, perhaps still a bit nervous, but I'm not really experienced with cats. Going to try and contact some pounds or something tomorrow. Do the DSPCA take in stray cats? The person we're dealing with has said she received 50 calls in one day recently, so the place must be overrun with strays. Could try putting up an ad, but I don't know about doing that.

First priority is to get the mother cat spayed, she's also a stray. I got two other strays spayed last year, this third one was simply too young at the time and we didn't really notice she was pregnant until she had really ballooned up. She may be pregnant again now as one of the toms has been around and she's looking a little bulgy. As it happens, she's quite tame and friendly.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have posted an ad online (with a charity). Had a few queries, mostly from people with young families (charity reckons they won't suit). Once I say they're a bit wild that tends to put people off, which is understandable. Not sure what to do, keep hoping, but if there's no movement after a while we might just get them spayed and pull the ad.

Mother's been spayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Have you tried Cats aid, the Dspca do take in cats too. ASH in wicklow, Last hope in Navan. ANimal rescue Ireland based in Dublin.
    Maybe one of these will be able to help you.

Advertisement