Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vartry Resevoir

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be near Roundwood the weekend and was thinking of bringing the fly gear with me and trying the Vartry Reservoir does anyone have any useful info they could share for either there or a mark near by that that i would have a better chance of a few fish, it'll be only catch and release fishing,

or if someone doesn't want to share publicly a pm would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Do a search for Co Wicklow AA contacts. They hsve it, and a couple of boats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I think myself and a mate are going there on Saturday morning.... I don't know the area but he has fished that place for years....

First half of the day is lake fishing, then we are hitting the rivers for Sea Trout for the evening/night..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Boats are reserved for association members and are not available to visitors.
    Day tickets for shore fishing are available. You can get day tickets from the waterworks office during office hours - after that you might be able to get them from the lodge nearby but you are supposed to make an appointment. The upper lake (wild fish only) might be closed at the moment.

Advertisement