Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The outer limits

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Is it worth buying the complete series of the outer limits? Is it as good as I remember?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's never as good as you remember it

i caught a few episodes ages ago.. somewhere and i remember being very dissapointed with what I remember being an amazing show. That said, if it's cheap enough I'd go for it if only so you can look at the dvd boxset sitting on your shelf and smile contentedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I got the first 4 seasons from Canada a while back for good money. I had planned on getting the last three, but half way through season 3 I just stopped watching. The focus shifted from brilliant sci-fi storytelling to negative/whiny/pesimistic boredom.

I'll try resume at some point, but SG-1 saved me from the mire. That being said, the first three seasons at least have some properly good sci-fi & well told.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

It's hit and miss, as with anything, but there are certainly some gems in those series. I liked the episode about androids having taken over the earth, and then one of them creates a test-tube baby human and raises him in secret, against their rules. I think Heather Graham was in that one, actually!

I watched 'Sandkings' (based on the George RR Martin novella) again lately. I remember it as among the best of 'The Outer Limits' TV movie length episodes.... Yet the second time around it was quite disappointing. :pac: Such is life.

I'm almost afraid to re-watch something like 'Thundercats'... I'd rather preserve idyllic memories. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I watched 'Sandkings' (based on the George RR Martin novella) again lately.
    wow didnt know he wrote that.Read it years ago and loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Loved the Outer Limits... What was the name of the episode where the guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun is on an airplane and starts to have panic attacks and see's a gremlin on the wing of the plane? Loved that episode I've seen it twice and everytime I fly I'm nervously looking out the window incase a gremlin decides to latch onto the engines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

Loved the Outer Limits... What was the name of the episode where the guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun is on an airplane and starts to have panic attacks and see's a gremlin on the wing of the plane? Loved that episode I've seen it twice and everytime I fly I'm nervously looking out the window incase a gremlin decides to latch onto the engines!

That wasnt The Outer Limits, it was The Twilight Zone the Movie, its a great episode on it. Loved the Outer Limits too, was some clangers but was some great episodes too

Advertisement