Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion on ADI in Longford, pls?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

hi,

I need some suggestions on Approved Driving Instructor for Longford area pls. I need to do the mandatory 12 lessons so if theres a place that does promotion or offers, that's be great.

Ive read a smilar post to mine but that was 2 yrs ago, and I need honest opinion pls, not owners putting perfect testimonials, thank you very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I used Thompsons when I use to live there, they're very good, couldn't fault them, I don't know if those prices are up to date.

Your mind won't be let wander during a lesson....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marrakechheat

I used Thompsons when I use to live there, they're very good, couldn't fault them, I don't know if those prices are up to date.

Your mind won't be let wander during a lesson....

thank u, ill check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

the Oh used this girl to good effect and passed forst time http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001740110818&sk=wall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

if you were to follow my advice, i'd go to another town. did 6 tests in longford, had all the instructors and erm....
    did the 7th one far away!

davehey79 wrote: »
    the Oh used this girl to good effect and passed forst time http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001740110818&sk=wall

thank u, I will check her out :)

• Advertisement

if you were to follow my advice, i'd go to another town. did 6 tests in longford, had all the instructors and erm....

go on tell us ballsymchugh, whats happened? maybe i can learn from ur experience. btw, can u do the test outside your local? i didnt know that.

Are you saying that none of them are any good?? I don't want to get into a whole he's good he's not good topic/argument....
    go on tell us ballsymchugh, whats happened? maybe i can learn from ur experience. btw, can u do the test outside your local? i didnt know that.
    Driving test centres. Pick one. But why would you want to do it somewhere else, you'd know local roads better?

Driving test centres. Pick one. But why would you want to do it somewhere else, you'd know local roads better?

merely curious , didnt know that it could be done outside residential county.

I did mine before the regs about the amount of lessons were brought in. Had lessons with pretty much everyone, including most of the instructors working for hynes at the time. The best by a mile was Noel hynes but don't thinkhe's been around for a long time. Mired thompson was very good too, the rest were .... erm ... Ok at best.

Ended up doing mine in cork where I was in college, in a part of the city I didn't know well at all. Had 2 lessons with an extremely good instructor. Found that when I was block booked in longford that it ended up putting me under more pressure, whilein cork, the instructor took a "you're grand" approach.

Found that when I was block booked in longford that it ended up putting me under more pressure, whilein cork, the instructor took a "you're grand" approach.
    Good point, the looking at the watch to be back at the hour was...an issue, makes it all abit rushed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Is Ollie Brady still doing lessons???

Good point, the looking at the watch to be back at the hour was...an issue, makes it all abit rushed.

what i meant was, if you rang anyone looking for lessons, you'd be asked when your test was. if it was in 3 weeks, then they'd book you a double session the next day, then every evening for a week before a few more on the run up to the test. even hanging up after talking to them made you worry about whether you left it too late or not and just added to it.
    the guy in cork just wanted one lesson to see if i was any good, then maybe book more if needed. i had to beg him for one before the test!

some of the other lads that worked for hynes were nothing short of appalling though. noel and mairead didn't share their enthusiasm.

what i meant was, if you rang anyone looking for lessons, you'd be asked when your test was. if it was in 3 weeks, then they'd book you a double session the next day, then every evening for a week before a few more on the run up to the test. even hanging up after talking to them made you worry about whether you left it too late or not and just added to it.
    the guy in cork just wanted one lesson to see if i was any good, then maybe book more if needed. i had to beg him for one before the test!

some of the other lads that worked for hynes were nothing short of appalling though. noel and mairead didn't share their enthusiasm.

I done me car test with Mairead. God thats back in 99, I done a few truck lessons with Noel after.

on a related note...

went to renew my license today - 5 week waiting time

when i got it 10 years ago, i went from the driving test centre, via a photo booth in wilton shopping centre to the offices in cork and came out with it 10 minutes later. i probably queued for it longer than it took for the person to get it for me.

what's the major wait in longford for?!

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Is Ollie Brady still doing lessons???

indeed he is did my lessons with him and passed the test first time

davehey79 wrote: »
    indeed he is did my lessons with him and passed the test first time

Yeeeeaaaahhhh. My friend my friend..:D

Ollie Brady was recommended as well on a post 2 yrs ago. So, is he an independent ADI or is he with a company? Can anyone PM me his details pls?

thank u :)

just realised, there are 2 ADIs in Longford named Oliver & Olivia Brady, they have the same address, are they brother & sister or dad & daughter or husband & wife?

just realised, there are 2 ADIs in Longford named Oliver & Olivia Brady, they have the same address, are they brother & sister or dad & daughter or husband & wife?

father and daughter

Advertisement