Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News app

Options
  • 21-07-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Ive had android on my HTC HD2 for awhile now.

Prior to having an android device I used an iPod touch, and found the Skynews app useful, especially for watching it live etc.

I know the official app is on Android, but I can't seem to find it on the Market.

So I was wondering if anyone know firstly why I can't find it on the Market? and is there anywhere I can get the app from?

Thanks in advanced

Welshman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I think it's geo-restricted to the UK.

Google Sky News apk and you should find it handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Welshman666

lord lucan wrote: »
    I think it's geo-restricted to the UK.

Google Sky News apk and you should find it handy enough.

Sure i'll keep looking around.

I was in the UK over the weekend and searched again on the market (with English ip) but it still didn't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MJPE

Sure i'll keep looking around.

I was in the UK over the weekend and searched again on the market (with English ip) but it still didn't find it.

Go to m.getjar.com on your phones browser and search "sky news" then download and install:)

Thanks man^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

MJPE wrote: »
    Go to m.getjar.com on your phones browser and search "sky news" then download and install:)

Can it be watched live or am I missing something obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MJPE

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Can it be watched live or am I missing something obvious?

No can't watch it live. It's only in text.

Yeah, thats the only downside.

Im surprised you can't, I guess they just put more effort into the iOS version

Advertisement