Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog treat recipes

Options
  • 21-07-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any simple dog treat recipes they want to share? No need to be too exact just anything that can be thrown together to make something that sort of resembles dog treats! :D

Going making some liver cake tomorrow, using lamb liver, plain flour, 2 eggs, some garlic, some cheese powder and probably the end of the gone off peanut butter jar! :D

Got a lot of spare time on my hands, probably won't use the whole bag of flour, have another jar of peanut butter, half a block of cheese, some garlic and don't mind buying extra stuff so long as it's not too expensive. So anyone any ideas of what else I can make? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Mine loves peanut butter and honey biscuits.
    Cup of Milk (can substitute with water or broth) ,Peanut butter ( i use no sugar in the ingredients) and some honey mixed in one bowl and then bout cup of flour and tablespoon of baking powder in the other. Mixed them together till they form a dough may need more flour. Roll the dough out and then I use egg cups to make circles. With the remaining dough I make bone shapes :) I bake at bout 150 C till they start to brown.

Sometimes I may use cheese powder and chicken broth instead of milk and peanut butter. She gets them before bed every night and she goes hyper for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

1 pound mince meat (for high fat %)
    1 1/3 cups Total cereal
    1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
    1 raw egg
    6 tablespoons wheat germ
    1 package unflavored gelatin (if you can find it!)
    2 tablespoons oil
    2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
    Pinch of salt

These are called Satin or Silk Balls, just basically mix all the ingredients together and roll into medium size balls, about the size of a meat ball for treats or can be made bigger to serve as a supplement! They're a great way to help an under weight dog gain weight!! All of mine love them!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just thought I'd share the results of my cooking! :D

Little tip for anyone making this, use something to line the tin, the mixture sticks and is impossible to get off. :(

Might try my hand at making something else soon! :D Keep the recipes coming!

Advertisement