Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A public service announcement

• 21-07-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Citizens of BGRH,

as you may be aware, drink is bad for you. Thankfully, those thoughtful folks over at drinkaware.ie have compiled a list of sensible advice for those of us that tend to overindulge somewhat and feel it is their duty to bring it to our attention the fallacy of our intimacy with alcohol.

So, if you are going on a night out, among the nuggets of advice are the following:
    • Drink water regularly to stay refreshed and hydrated
    • Remember that too much drink will do nothing for your looks - you're drop dead gorgeous until you drop down drunk
    • Eat before you go out, or during the evening

and my personal favourite:
    • Don't accept drinks from strangers and never leave your drink unattended - it's all too easy for someone to spike your drink… with more alcohol, for example.

imagine somebody putting extra alcohol in your drink

So there you have it folks, drink is a gift from the gods, cherish it.

This message was brought to you by the Brothers of BGRH - in Beer we trust.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thank you Brother Tom, I shall certainly watch out for strangers putting more alcohol into my alcohol. And if for some reason they don't, I will drunkenly harangue them until they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Brother Zaph, I feel it is our duty to educate the masses in all things beer.

We shall expose the charlatans, we shall harangue the teetotallers, we shall shun the vegetarians*. It is out moral obligation.

*aside from irishbird. Of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Dear Citizens of BGRH,

as you may be aware, drink is bad for you. Thankfully, those thoughtful folks over at drinkaware.ie have compiled a list of sensible advice for those of us that tend to overindulge somewhat and feel it is their duty to bring it to our attention the fallacy of our intimacy with alcohol.

So, if you are going on a night out, among the nuggets of advice are the following:
    • Drink water regularly to stay refreshed and hydrated
    • Remember that too much drink will do nothing for your looks - you're drop dead gorgeous until you drop down drunk
    • Eat before you go out, or during the evening
    and my personal favourite:
    • Don't accept drinks from strangers and never leave your drink unattended - it's all too easy for someone to spike your drink… with more alcohol, for example.
    imagine somebody putting extra alcohol in your drink

So there you have it folks, drink is a gift from the gods, cherish it.

This message was brought to you by the Brothers of BGRH - in Beer we trust.
    Is there any information regarding the whereabouts of these alcohol spikers? :D

Why yes, yes there is.

I believe it is on the internet. Somewhere.

Why yes, yes there is.

I believe it is on the internet. Somewhere.
    Damn you pesky Internet!
    *knocks on screen*
    TELL ME!!!

• Advertisement

Damn you pesky Internet!
    *knocks on screen*
    TELL ME!!!

Could I be so bold as to point out that I am not in fact the internet?

I have feelings too, you know?

Damn you pesky Internet!
    *knocks on screen*
    TELL ME!!!

Could I be so bold as to point out that I am not in fact the internet?

I have feelings too, you know?
    Please accept my humblest apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Drink water regularly? Water? There's too much water in my pint in the first place! It's a proven fact that it's the water and sleep that give you a hangover (I may have misplaced the scientific research proving this tho...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

• Don't accept drinks from strangers .

Another good reason to be on friendly, first name terms with your local bar-keep.... and every other bar-keep in a 12 mile radius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

:)

Spike my alcohol with more alcohol. Jesus, the bloody problem in the first place is that most of the sh*te I'm drinking is mostly water. If anything the barman is probably siphoning out the alcohol when I'm not looking.

P.s...I should point out that I don't know if this is possible, but I have my suspicions. *glares at people nearby*

• Advertisement
Advertisement