Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games similar to Split / Second Velocity

Options
  • 21-07-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've recently got my girlfriend playing Split / Second Velocity split screen against me on the 360 and she thinks it's great but it's getting a little familiar now. I know bugger-all about games and was hoping some of you would kindly recommend 2-player racers with a similary arcadey feel.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Blur. hands down! Both came out at the same time, arcadey racers with split screen. Blur is like mario kart, modern cars with weapons.

16.90 incl delivery on Play but you could pick it up for that or cheaper in town 2nd hand.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9925491/Blur/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=blur&urlrefer=search&ops=1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is a video of Blur so you can see for yourself if you would be interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Haven't played Blur but I loved Split Second. Great arcade racer and I'm not into racing games in general but got hooked on this one. Have a friend who had both and said that Split Second was the better game but Blur had more longevity in the online play. The issue with Split Second is that you eventually know all the triggers on a track and can generally avoid them quite easily but right up to that point it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Split/Second was good apart from the cheap AI and it's racist rubberbanding. Completley ruined the game for me when it got so frustratingly hard. Blur is quite tough though but it's got quality online multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Its old but also try Burnout Paradise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Motorstorm Apocalypse would be worth a go too. Has the same sort of destructive tracks with changing routes etc.

It's currently 22.49 on Play.com

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/15572276/Motorstorm-Apocalypse/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've recently started to play Blur again, and I'm loving it. Online is still great fun..

Introduced it to my girlfriend a few days again, and I can't get a game of it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Split Second really suprised me at how savage it was. Cars could've handled better and a lot of repetitive tracks towards the end but I had great fun playing it.

Tried Blur, that game was horribly optimised for PC. Probably one of the few latest games that played absolutely terrible on my machine. Might go back to it since the patches.

But if you're looking for a game like it then I'll probably recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Flatout 3 Ultimate Carnage - very similar to Split/Second - decent racer on PC anyway, the AI rubberbands a bit tho (as does the AI in blur for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭SM01

Cheers for all the comments - Blur it is so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement