Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M-50 + Kitten = Nice Ending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Interesting .. my wife said she narrowly avoided running over a cat running across the M50 from the central barrier the other morning on her way to the airport. I don't know if it was around that area or not, I'll have to ask her!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yay for the kitten rescuers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I asked my wife and it definitely was in the same area, but it wasn't a kitten. Maybe what she saw was the mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/video-kitten-saved-by-a-whisker-on-m50-2827381.html
    Shortly after being brought to the DSPCA centre in Rathfarnham the lucky animal was purring and playing.

Staff named him Freeway after the pet dog in the American television show 'Hart to Hart', who was rescued from a freeway.

It is not known how the kitten ended up on the M50.

Orla Aungier, operations manager with the DSPCA said: "We hope he just took a wrong turn. Unfortunately all too often we see beautiful animals dumped on the side of the road.

The Society will now try to reunite Freeway with his owners. They will keep Freeway for a minimum of five days to give any owner a chance to claim him

Freeway? on the M50? Should have called him Turnpike. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Seems the little guy climbed into the engine of a car and fell out somewhere along the MR0.

Lucky "Chester" frok Kilmainham has been reunited with his owner.
    Great story! :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0720/freeway.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I think i'm in lust.... DSPCA girlie in the pics is HAWT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

gatecrash wrote: »
    I think i'm in lust.... DSPCA girlie in the pics is HAWT!!!
    It's the same girl who was on the RTE programme. And no, she's not single, sorry to disappoint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

seamus wrote: »
    It's the same girl who was on the RTE programme. And no, she's not single, sorry to disappoint :D

Dagnabbit¬!¬

yet more unrequited lust....again!!

Advertisement