Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedals - flat

Options
  • 21-07-2011 12:52pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    I have been using clips now for near 2 years and have done in adventure races and I was having to change shoes etc. I never really took much heed of how much each transition took.
    So I did a timing on it there and to take the bag off my back, take off the runners, put on the road shoes, put away the runners and tie the bag, put the bag back on and get off was taking me near 4 minutes :)
    So I worked out that for the next big event I will be doing with 4 transitions it could add UP to 20 minutes.

ANYWAY - Looking at flat pedals and haven't a bean what I should be looking for. Is there good and bad sets? Some are totally flat, other have toe clips. Not sure which.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/road/flat-pedals/

Appreciate your assistance.

Advertisement