Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail not updating

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Recently bought myself a htc desire hd and i love it. Only problem is the mail widget/application will not auto update. it only does it when i actually open the program. I have it turned on to update aswell. Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Well hung wrote: »
    Recently bought myself a htc desire hd and i love it. Only problem is the mail widget/application will not auto update. it only does it when i actually open the program. I have it turned on to update aswell. Anybody any ideas?

How often have you set it to update?
    Is there an option for peak/off peak -and do you have that set correctly?

Are you using any task killer? (Don't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Well hung

Zagato wrote: »
    How often have you set it to update?
    Is there an option for peak/off peak -and do you have that set correctly?

Are you using any task killer? (Don't)
    Have them set to every 15 mins off and on peak. This is settings > accounts&sync > "email address"

I've no task killer. Am i missing something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

What type of email is it?

My email doesn't appear in accounts and sync?

(well my Exchange account does, but other doesn't)

In my inbox I press menu button -> More -> Account Settings -> Email Check Frequency

Also and this maybe a stupid question, but do you actually miss emails, or is it just that you see when it last synced which is a long time ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If its through the gmail client it is push email and should work once you have sync enabled in the main sync settings.

If its through the exchange client it polls the email account, I'm not sure how this works as I direct all my email addresses through my gmail account.

Advertisement