Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Joyce's dirty letters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

You can't deny that its not well composed though!!

Did he not live in fear or some nosey Parker reading the telegram?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well it's not exactly mills and boon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

"roger you arseways" Literary genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Oh that's just too much for a 'lady' to read before lunch;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    "roger you arseways" Literary genius.

he is not a literary genius,he is a very naughty boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Interesting how them rude words never change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Madam wrote: »
    Oh that's just too much for a 'lady' to read before lunch;)
    you saving it for bedtime then?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The dirty divil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

steve06 wrote: »
    you saving it for bedtime then?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Well it's not exactly mills and boon.

Interestingly enough Mills and Boon turned down the publication of 'Ulysses' before moving on to publishing more literary classics such as 'Tickle me Fanny':D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird!

Charming....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

He certainly had a thing for farts
    and letting off soft warm quiet little farts behind

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Charming....
    I'm gonna use that one next valentines day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Jesus he would have loved 2 girls 1 cup
    Does it give you the horn now to sh1t? I wonder how you can do it. Do you come in the act of ****ting or do you frig yourself off first and then sh1t? It must be a fearfully lecherous thing to see a girl ....... to see her pretty white drawers pulled open behind and her bum sticking out and a fat brown thing stuck half-way out of her hole

WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He did like his scat did Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

That cant be legit...?! Is it? The durrrty fecker! Certainly enjoyed some nasty stuff. I wonder what he'd make of camera phones or webcams...I dread to think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

There is a facebook group called 'I wish James Joyce sent me dirty letters'. The letters are truly astounding. I really didn't know that adults were so sexually developed back then, they even knew about the sneaky finger - apparently... (2nd December 1909)

He was also bizarrely attracted to... well...
    a sudden immodest noise made by you behind and then a bad smell slowly curling up out of your backside.
    that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Oh my science! Dirty bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I like this quote the bestest
    You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I ****ed them out of you'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Fart-swallowing must have been all the rage back in the day - apparently the Marquis de Sade was a right bugger for it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I always thought Ulysses was a crock o' shit. These letters are far superior :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Wow, just wow. I wonder why they don't read some of these out on Blooms day? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

He had a serious fetish for farts LOL :pac: I would love to see what Nora had replied this should be made into a book (if its the actual real letters somehow I cant see the word mickey being used back then )
    a sudden dirty word spluttered out by your wet lips, a sudden immodest noise made by you behind and then a bad smell slowly curling up out of your backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I'm afraid there's been a bit of a mix-up. These are actually letters sent by Flutterinbantum to an entirely different Nora.
    Though there's little doubt that James Joyce also enjoyed a bit of 'How's your father?'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Some of that reads a bit like Flutterinbantams posts in the Thunderdome. There's a first, the 'Bant being compared to Joyce. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

ascanbe wrote: »
    I'm afraid there's been a bit of a mix-up. These are actually letters sent by Flutterinbantum to an entirely different Nora.
    Though there's little doubt that James Joyce also enjoyed a bit of 'How's your father?'.

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Advertisement