Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition year help?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have been searching EVERYWHERE for volunteer work as part of my ty course in school.. i hav even been on the south dublin volunteer website!! we need a placement before sept. and was wondering what will happen if i cant get anywhere? will my 4th yr co ordinator help?
    thanx :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I have been searching EVERYWHERE for volunteer work as part of my ty course in school.. i hav even been on the south dublin volunteer website!! we need a placement before sept. and was wondering what will happen if i cant get anywhere? will my 4th yr co ordinator help?
    thanx :)
    In my school, the school helps organise charity volunteer placements.

Where have you tried? Places like Enable Ireland, Special Olympics Ireland, Samaritans, Pieta House, ISPCA, ISPCC, Bernardos, Barrettstown may all offer you a placement. (Links are all to the volunteering page of each organisation)

You could try any of on this website: Charities in Dublin

You might be better off trying smaller charities as they may be more accommodating to student placements than larger/multinational ones.

Hope you find one soon,
    Jackobyte.

EDIT: Just saw that in your other post, you were looking for a placements specifically in Lucan. Have you tried Pieta House? They have an office in Lucan that may be able to accommodate you. Link.

Advertisement