Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forex trading office

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    I am a full time forex trader with 4 years experience. I trade my own money from my home office.
    I am looking at the idea of getting a shared office with a number of other full time traders.
    The idea is to have anoffice where we can bounce ideas of each other for new trade and work together to achieve a similar goal.

I am looking for people with experience and their own tools.
    I trade 1 and 4 hour charts mainly and trade all majors as well as commodities and the S&P.

If there is any interest in this please let me know and will move forward.

Cheers
    Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Maybe you should go into a little more detail like, are you spread betting, trading futures or options?

Have you investigated the costs involved in setting up an office with the appropriate IT services? What would the monthly costs be potentially? What would a trader have to earn to cover these costs? What location are you talking about, while a small country there's a big difference between setting up in Cork or Dublin....

What tools are you talking about? Automated trading? Trading platforms?

This is only your second post and you're asking for a lot from others really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 forex2806

Hi

I trade futures on my own private accounts.
    Location is Dublin looking for serviced office space. There is plenty of it for around €300 per month.
    I did state that I am looking to trade with experience traders so they really know what they need to make.

What tools am I talking about??? Do you trade?
    Charts, squawk, etc.

I really don't think I am asking a lot from others! At the moment I am looking to see what interest is out there.
    As I said I am a full time trader who is looking to do this so I can break the boredom of trading from home and maybe gain a little bit more of an advantage on the markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Yes, I trade for a living. I've sent you a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

If you search back there was a post from someone in similar cirumstances searching for others to rent office space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tcjjr

Hi gents, if your looking for platforms or a white label agreement let me know, I have a number of contacts in the city and would be able to help out. If not vest of luck with the venture and hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 forexmentor

Did you ever get that office sorted? I'm based in Galway very similar to yourself and would love to work out of a serviced office with a shared knowledge base.

Who is your broker? I use Alpari UK they have live squalk feeds, Autochartis etc...which I find pretty useful. Would be nice to have an environment where you have a number of professionals sharing the techniques and strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 forex2806

Hi,
    No I never got that office sorted. I had little or no takers from anywhere in the country.
    The idea was to have a number of like minded people trading their own accounts and sharing ideas/trades/software. I still think it would be a great advantage to a persons trading.
    My trading style is mainly swing trading. I use autochartist a little but find investor intelligence a lot better to help identify trades. I hold trades from a day to a week (ish). What about you, what is your style, what do you trade? I am in Tuam, what part of Galway are you in?........Cheers,,Tony

Did you ever get that office sorted? I'm based in Galway very similar to yourself and would love to work out of a serviced office with a shared knowledge base.

Who is your broker? I use Alpari UK they have live squalk feeds, Autochartis etc...which I find pretty useful. Would be nice to have an environment where you have a number of professionals sharing the techniques and strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

out of interest why would you want to have an added expesne of a rented office. If you're trading you're own cash fro home, what would the this added expense give you, that a meetup situation or connect via skype wouldnt give you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twalyn

Hi forex 2806 just read you're in tuam?
    As someone interested in doing this full time also i would love to meet you and see your set up or just for a chat, i live in galway city, boards wont let me post my email address but i'll put it under my contact info. email me if you'd like to meet up?

Advertisement