Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a crate online

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi we need to get a crate for Lexi for travelling to my mams at the weekend, we have a harness for her that we use in the car but the OH has just gotten a Ford Kuga commercial so massive space in the back and no divide to stop her coming into the front.

It wasnt due to be delivered for two weeks but he got it yesterday so need to buy a crate for her sooner than we thought. We seen a large one online last night for €49 & €9 delivery but cant find it now :rolleyes:

I know of zooplus but anywhere else good we can buy online? Money is fairly tight at the minute so any suggestions welcome, thanks.

BTW she is a Staff cross so I think a large one is what we are looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Anyone ever bought from this company?

http://www.sjebbandsons.com/dog-crate-large-657-p.asp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

TillyGirl wrote: »

That looks identical to the one I have except it has only one door. Does the job. Only thing is I lifted it out of the car one day, left it on the ground and forgot about it and it got rained on. It rusted up a bit around the bottom, but if it's just going to stay in the car go for it.

(Knew I was going to end up doing that :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tilly, you should have a look on donedeal, Gumtree and Adverts.ie for a second hand one. Im picking one up from an Adverts.ie ad this week off someone. A 36" for 35euro so you should look for a second hand one to save you some money maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am in the market for a midsize one meself. my little terrier is quite the chicken (wind, heavy rain, lightning etc and she is pegging it for cover) and i am sick of her trying to burrow behind the telly pulling on the cables.

newho we are pls god moving by the end of august and a, where i will be putting the telly she will not be able to hide behind it, and b, she will be sleeping in the hall under the stairs. so i wanted to create her a little hidey environment so she would feel safe. i was gonna get a crate, teach her about it first (leaving door open so she would wander in and out - she likes to explore), then put a blanket over three sides, leaving the front uncovered so she gets used to the blanket, then finally draping the blanket over the open door, where she can walk under the blanket and hide in the covered crate, with the door open if she wants to get out.

what do people think? any suggestions on size etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Where are you travelling to, theres someone on another forum I'm on has just put a large crate up for sale, only used 3 times, based in Sligo. Any chance you are coming up this way and could get it on the way? Or maybe you know someone who works in Sligo and travels home to galway every weekend?;)

• Advertisement

I will be Sligo tomorrow for a dentist appointment, thanks. Any idea of price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I will be Sligo tomorrow for a dentist appointment, thanks. Any idea of price?

I'll pm you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi Tillygirl,
    Was just browsing the A&PI when I seen your post.

I only bought a crate a few weeks ago. We wanted it for two med sized dogs to sleep in at night, so I got the largest one I could find.

Petmania had a sale on crates (maybe 3-4 wks ago). I think it was 25% off. I could find loads reasonably priced online, but the delivery was unbelievable money. I ended up buying it there because I was only saving maybe €10, buying it online. It worked out about €95 for the crate.

The link you posted is almost identical to the one I got, except mine doesn't have the second door.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Hi Tillygirl.

They have one in lidi either from today or on saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got a big one in Petmania for about the same price as Zooplus.

http://www.sjebbandsons.com/dog-crate-large-657-p.asp

I ordered this one Sunday night and was delivered by nightline this morning, €43.90 inc delivery so hopefully its good enough quality. Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I got mine on ebay about 3 years ago, got it from the UK for about 60 euro at the time inc post and package, Its a large one too fits my German Shepherd twice over! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

You've probably got one by now but if you haven't,try Horkan's in castlebar. They do Savic brand crates and they are brilliant. I don't have their number off hand but. Try golden pages. One for your size dog should set you back about 75 quid and i'm pretty sure they'll send it out to you. Good luck.

Advertisement