Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hello Everyone

i'm planning on making a purchase. have about 800 - 1000 to spend
    so far i've looked at giant and lapierre
    never heard of the latter but the dealer is pushing me in that direction
    no surprise
    i dont know much bout bikes but presumably at this lower end of the market there isn't much difference between brands?

please advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lapierre are a well-respected brand, just aren't well known "on the street" except in France.

If you're looking at spending the full €1k, then the Lapierre Audacio 300 and Giant Defy 2 are the two bikes you're looking at.

Tbh, there's practically no difference in the bikes. You'll need to make a choice by taking them both for a test spin and seeing which feels more comfortable and which colour you prefer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lapierre are a well-respected brand, just aren't well known "on the street" except in France.

If you're looking at spending the full €1k, then the Lapierre Audacio 300 and Giant Defy 2 are the two bikes you're looking at.

Tbh, there's practically no difference in the bikes. You'll need to make a choice by taking them both for a test spin and seeing which feels more comfortable and which colour you prefer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnangall

I bought an audacio 300 last year, 2500 miles later I could not fault the bike compared to the Giant defy 4 my wife bought which is just pure awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I'd go for the Lapierre myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SlinkyKittin

I have a Lapierre Audacio 400L which I bought 2 months ago (bike to work scheme). I'm a beginner, and wasn't sure if I was going to really get into cycling, but I really love it now, probably down to having such a good bike and I look forward to getting out on it, even completed a 60km sportif on it 2 weeks ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

have a lapierre mtb and its a great bike, havnt had one problem with it

Advertisement