Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Game still do the price check?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 5:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I was told by the manager in one Game store that they still do the price check however in some other stores they told me they don't do it anymore.
    What's the official policy?

Just in case someone does not know what a price check is: If you can find a new game at a lower price in the same city or town they will ring the other company and if it is cheaper they will match that price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

They do it in the Limerick store, They have a sign on the window saying so.

I never understood the price match, why not just buy it from the other store? Now if they beat the price that would be another story altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Limericks wrote: »

I never understood the price match, why not just buy it from the other store? Now if they beat the price that would be another story altogether!
    I've read that, in the US, Best Buy does this, but if you use Google Shopper app to find the price, they'll match it. Which makes a lot more sense, unless you lived really near a GAME, but nowhere near the shop that does the better price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Limericks wrote: »

It builds up points on your loyalty card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I was told by the manager in one Game store that they still do the price check however in some other stores they told me they don't do it anymore.
    What's the official policy?

Just in case someone does not know what a price check is: If you can find a new game at a lower price in the same city or town they will ring the other company and if it is cheaper they will match that price.

Last time I asked in the square(about 2 months ago) if they will match HMV they said no.
    Off to HMV I went.

Advertisement