Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeeDroid Help!

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

hi,

i hav just tried to install LeeDroid 3.0.8.2 and am panicked that i've bricked my phone. :eek:

I partitioned the sdcard using Rom Manager - also downloaded and flashed the rom via rom manager.

It seemed to do its thing fine and the leedroid screen loaded up, but now it just keeps looping back on itself showing me that its installing making this funny beeping sound and then goes back to the leedroid screen for maybe 15 seconds and repeats.

Anyone know ever have this experience? can any one help?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sounds like youre stuck in a boot loop.
    Did you wipe everything before flashing the rom?
    Boot back into recovery, wipe everything then reflash

Also does the beeping sound like R2-D2 by any chance? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Boot Loop sounds about right, and yes R2D2 would be a perfect description.

One thing though about booting into recovery - is it safe at this point to just remove the battery to knock the phone off as pressing the power button doesn't seem to do anything.

Phone is HTC Desire btw if that makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thats just the boot screen sound LeeDroid has.
    You can pull the battery fine. I lost count how many boot loops i got with my old desire :pac:

Reflashing now,

Booted to recovery, wiped everything then installed the leedroid zip from recovery mode.

Fingers are crossed and will report back soon

It worked!!

I now have a working version of Leedroid!

Thank you very much Mega Chin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

Always, Always, Always do a Nandroid backup before flashing a new rom.

I can't count the number of boot loops I have got into and got that little panic that I have bricked my phone. Its always nice to have an up-to-date nandroid backup, justin casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

as a matter of interest what radio are people using on the latest version of Leedroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

3.0.8.2 is outta date I'd update to 3.3.1 GB R2 its way better.

Its a port from Desire HD but more smooth. Make sure you have 1gb extra 3 partition.

I'm using radio 5.17.05.23 works great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Hey, mind me asking where you got the 3.0.8.2 rom?

Tried to get it at the leedroid XDA page, but both links (for data++) are broken (url 404).
    Tried to get it both from the mini site and also from rom manager on the phone and the zip files are corrupt I think.

Anywhere else I could try?

Got d Rom directly off Rom manager in the download Rom section.

Worked fine for me apart from the slight panic over d bootloop

• Advertisement
Advertisement