Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thetford toilet pump not working

Options
  • 20-07-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

thetford toilet pump not working, took it out no obvious problem,read some where that the impellor gets jammed?
    me thinks its banjoed, any advice? Terry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anyone flush down a 'sanitary product' or one of those heavyweight tissues?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

its the flush water pump under the toilet roll holder thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Those small submersible pumps do suffer from sticky impellers. get a long nose pilers and grap the tip of the impeller and wiggle it left to right for a few seconds. Put some power to it and bob should be yer uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Before dismantling.....is there power going to the switch......have had a fuse blow in the past ;)

it has power , i can hear a click in the pump when i press the flush ,i cant see any way of gettin into the pump, it seems to be sealed all over?

• Advertisement

karmaan wrote: »
    it has power , i can hear a click in the pump when i press the flush ,i cant see any way of gettin into the pump, it seems to be sealed all over?

What Casette toilet is it, the C2?

gr060103.jpg

its the one in your photo alright,

In that case, and this may not be the 'correct' way to do it but what I did was take out the bog roll holder, and put your hand into the cavity. Move it about a bit and it should pop out and lift away giving you access to the clean water reservoir. The pump, or at least the pipework to it should be directly under it there. I can't remember fully, but if you can't access the pump from there you can definitely see where it is and figure something out.

This may or may not help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

spot on there , my crime fighting amigo . They seize up , easily replaced.

i have found the pump ok , it clicks when i press flush, i dont see any access to impellor

• Advertisement

they don't always free up . Stick on a pump , I use standard submersible tank pumps , fit handy enough , and they are cheap ..

ye im going to change it,i know there is a cable connector visible in the cassette area, im guessing it is the other end of the sealed cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    they don't always free up . Stick on a pump , I use standard submersible tank pumps , fit handy enough , and they are cheap ..
    Where do you get them?

As I think we have a similar problem with our Thetford now :rolleyes:

i was in charles camping they are 49 e

ye im going to change it,i know there is a cable connector visible in the cassette area, im guessing it is the other end of the sealed cable?

I either use the old cable to pull through the new one , or else join it in the tank area with water-proof connections . Done loads and nary a problem .

i was in charles camping they are 49 e
    WTF???!!! Jebus... As I said , I use ordinary submersible ones , and tweak the pump bracket, 2 mins work . IIRC they're only 25-35 euro .

thanks for the tip, i will get one so

Advertisement