Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm trouble

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

hey...
    im having trouble with my alarm..its a hkc alarm....i didnt use it for a couple of years and had forgotten my code...i tried several codes trying to remember it, but then the alarm went off and i could'nt shut it off..i had to disconnect the battery and trip the switch for the alarm in esb board panel..
    any ideas on what i can do to connect up alarm again as dont really have the money to call out an engineer and pay a fortune for something that may be easily sorted..
    any help would be much appreciated...
    kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

While its powered down remove the factory link and power up. If its not engineer locked the keypad will ask to default. Press yes.
    The default user code is 1111 and engineer code is 4567.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

The factory link is a tiny plastic link on the printed circuit board linking two small pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    hey...
    im having trouble with my alarm..its a hkc alarm....i didnt use it for a couple of years and had forgotten my code...i tried several codes trying to remember it, but then the alarm went off and i could'nt shut it off..i had to disconnect the battery and trip the switch for the alarm in esb board panel..
    any ideas on what i can do to connect up alarm again as dont really have the money to call out an engineer and pay a fortune for something that may be easily sorted..
    any help would be much appreciated...
    kevin

Hi Kevin,

Without defaulting the system there is no way to change the codes on the system. It is an easy system to reprogram providing it is not engineer locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

thanks for all help guys..i was away today, but i will try all suggestions tomor...i will post how i get on..
    thanks again..hope it works...

thanks for all help guys..i was away today, but i will try all suggestions tomor...i will post how i get on..
    thanks again..hope it works...

Your welcome, If the system is engineer locked you would need an engineer to unlock the system but hopefully that wont be in your case.

• Advertisement

hey guys,
    i cant locate the factory link on the board...
    i cant see anything called a factory link or lk1 on it....
    any suggestions please....thanks...
    i was trying to upload a picture of the board but cant seem to do it...

hey guys,
    i cant locate the factory link on the board...
    i cant see anything called a factory link or lk1 on it....
    any suggestions please....thanks...
    i was trying to upload a picture of the board but cant seem to do it...

It is on the centre of the board, it is a plastic link.

Sorry kevinkmb36, just noticed your looking for the LK1 link, its JP1 on the HKC.

thanks altor....i found the factory link and removed it...
    powered it up, it said default system? on it , then a few seconds later the alarm went off again, i tried putting in code 1111 but to no avail....
    i think im fecked..will prob have to get an engineer out.....

thanks altor....i found the factory link and removed it...
    powered it up, it said default system? on it , then a few seconds later the alarm went off again, i tried putting in code 1111 but to no avail....
    i think im fecked..will prob have to get an engineer out.....

When default system comes up press yes on the keypad. It will default the system, then put in 1111 to disarm, then 4567 to get into engineering.
    It should work if the system is not engineer locked.

• Advertisement

what button is for yes on the control system to default it altor..??
    im really showing my lack of knowledge on this..lol
    thanks altor..

what button is for yes on the control system to default it altor..??
    im really showing my lack of knowledge on this..lol
    thanks altor..

Your welcome,

On the right side of the keypad as you look at it, it is the middle button :D

tks altor, my girlfriend found it after i posted the add....lol:D
    i have been away for a few days and defaulted it, but alarm came back on again afterwards...maybe i did something wrong..
    i will try it again tomor, think i prob will need more advice on what to do..
    thanks for your help so far altor.....

tks altor, my girlfriend found it after i posted the add....lol:D
    i have been away for a few days and defaulted it, but alarm came back on again afterwards...maybe i did something wrong..
    i will try it again tomor, think i prob will need more advice on what to do..
    thanks for your help so far altor.....

Your welcome,

After you default the system it will go into alarm. Enter 1111 to disarm, 4567 engineer code.

If it does not accept the 1111 the system is not defaulted.

hey altor, im back to you again...
    i took out the factory link first, powered up....
    ok system is defaulted now, alarm went off, i put in code 1111 and alarm stopped.... i then put in the code 4567 and service menu came up..
    now im stuck again...how do i set up system again and put in code etc, and when do i connect back factory link and battery..my smoke alarms connected to same trip switch so am leaving it up and alarm is off but would like to have it back up in operation again..
    hope you or anyone else can be of assistance....

More than happy to help :D

Put back in the link.
    Service menu, walk test zones.
    Users is where you set up a new engineer plus user code.
    Timers menu is time and date.
    Zone menu is the names, types, loop type.

You can leave the mains on once you have it in engineering.

tks altor. ok, i have link back in now, and battery connected too...
    when i go into codes, it says user 1 code in use...is that my old code or code 1111....i dont know my old code...

The old code has being defaulted to 1111 but you dont need this once you are in engineering. New code, yes, ???? yes, enter code again ???? yes.

That will be your new user code from now on.

tks a million for your help altor...
    i have it sorted now.......
    i owe ya a pint.:D

tks a million for your help altor...
    i have it sorted now.......
    i owe ya a pint.:D

Your welcome kevinkmb36, always happy to help if I can :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 philbur

Hi guys I have a related question. I have defaulted my Quantum 70. The default user code (1234 in the UK) now works however the engineer code 4567 doesn't seem to work. It did seem to go through a full default process but know I get the message "call engineer" when I try the engineer code. Does this mean that the system is "Engineer Lock" or is there something else I can do.

Also what will the engineer do to overcome this problem. I realise that this is a security issue, I'm not looking for full details but would be interested to know the basic prniciple.

Best Regards
    Phil:)

philbur wrote: »
    Hi guys I have a related question. I have defaulted my Quantum 70. The default user code (1234 in the UK) now works however the engineer code 4567 doesn't seem to work. It did seem to go through a full default process but know I get the message "call engineer" when I try the engineer code. Does this mean that the system is "Engineer Lock" or is there something else I can do.

Also what will the engineer do to overcome this problem. I realise that this is a security issue, I'm not looking for full details but would be interested to know the basic prniciple.

Best Regards

Where did you get the panel Phil?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 philbur

I had it installed by a by an alarm company. I discovered my problem this evening. It seems I need to enter the engineer code before the user code in order to gain full access. I had assumed it was the other way round, the installation manual is mute on this point.

Thanks anyway, I'm sure I will be back.

Best Regards

philbur wrote: »
    I had it installed by a by an alarm company. I discovered my problem this evening. It seems I need to enter the engineer code before the user code in order to gain full access. I had assumed it was the other way round, the installation manual is mute on this point.

Thanks anyway, I'm sure I will be back.

Best Regards

Thats no problem Phil, any questions give us a shout :)

Advertisement