Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A beginners guide to Carl Jung?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

after watching one of Charlie Kaufman films, which has influences from Carl Jung's work, i began reading the wikipedia entry for Carl Jung,
    and became intrigued by his study of the unconscious mind, the "anima" and "animus" in particular.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any literature, be it online, or in book form,
    which would be a good starting to point to understanding his works in psychology?

I'm open to both his original books, and books by other authors that try to explain his works in simple terms.

Thanks for your time, will truly appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

For simple introductory secondary texts -

Jung: A very short introduction - Anthony Stevens

For a bit more yet still simply written: On Jung - Anthony Stevens

For original Jung it sounds like the text you would most enjoy is:
    The archetypes and the collective unconscious

And a lot of people really like his autobiography:
    Memories, dreams, and reflections.

There is a documentary on him called Carl Jung Matter of Heart which can be found on Youtube, some people like it (I don't really):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Novd6AXnggw

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

I'm reading On Jung at the minute and it's an enjoyable read. MDR is also very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks for the replies, will check out all those recommendations Hotspur, nice one.

Advertisement