Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Android for app development

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi guys, looking for some advice. I'll be going back to college in September and will be starting a new module on Android and iPhone development. We will have access to college devices, but as far as I know there's only 1x iPhone 4, 1x iPad and 2x Androids (Samsung Galaxy S I believe) for the entire course - thats 1st to 4th year and about 100 students all told. Access to these devices has already proven tricky for last years 3rd years, and they only had their year and fourth year to contend with - starting next year all years will need access to the phones.

So I'm looking to buy one for myself so that I won't have any issues next year. I'll have to get a contract (due to low funds) and I'd rather stick to Meteor as they offer the best value for money (especially considering 90% of my contacts are Meteor too). So which out of the current lineup of Meteor offerings is the most developer friendly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You don't even need a phone, you can use the emulator. Any of the android phones are good for development, but you will probably want the latest version to develop against. Thus = Nexus S. Other phones can only get latest version using custom roms, which at the moment are less than perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

As above the Nexus S is the one to go for as it will get the latest updates first, it will also be vanilla Android.

Advertisement