Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacts

Options
  • 20-07-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi im wondering if anyone can help with an issue. I have a motorola defy phone which is being sent back, not an issue in itself and i need to get my contacts from phone to sim.

However in my contacts sometimes i only have 4 contacts even though i have over 250, when i copy from sim to phone maybe 12 show up and the other way round maybe 30 show up.

the odd time i can view all my contacts as normal but im confused :confused: why do my contacts only sometimes show. when someone rings me their name appears even though they arent shown in contacts.

I discovered the hidden feature but it hasnt solved anything other than revealing a few more contacts, I cant get all my contacts to my sim as i cant see them most of the time? any ideas :)

Im sorry if this is hard to understand but its happening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Are all your contacts stored on your google account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

no idea? how can i check? i tried a backup app but it got 0 of them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Log into your gmail account online and check your contacts.See how many are there?
    Android usually syncs everything with your Google account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Nothing bar email ones there :confused: how hard can it be to just save your numbers on your sim nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

rex-x wrote: »
    Nothing bar email ones there :confused: how hard can it be to just save your numbers on your sim nowadays

What's the point in saving to your sim, if you want to 'back up' your contacts, if you lose your phone, they're gone. Don't have a defy but should be possible to backup/export them to google, then they'll always be their to sync with your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

Go to Settings, Accounts and Sync, Select Google, and put a tick in the Sync Contacts.

Then hit Sync Now. This should sync your contacts with your google account, then from Gmail you should be able to see your email and phone contacts all together.

Advertisement