Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Android developers and Google Checkout

Options
  • 20-07-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick one. How can Irish developers charge for their applications on the Android Market when we can't apply got an Irish Google Checkout seller account?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 whenever

RangeR wrote: »
    Hi,

Just a quick one. How can Irish developers charge for their applications on the Android Market when we can't apply got an Irish Google Checkout seller account?

TIA

Please explain or re-submit; I'm interested but not familiar with the income model to understand your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

This used to be the case but Irish Devs can now set up merchant accounts to sell paid apps. Once you've created an android developer account ($25 fee) you'll see a link down the bottom to create a merchant account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

smackyB wrote: »
    This used to be the case but Irish Devs can now set up merchant accounts to sell paid apps. Once you've created an android developer account ($25 fee) you'll see a link down the bottom to create a merchant account.

Ah, ok. I was looking at it last night and went straight to Google Checkout and tried to sign up. The only countries in the list were USA and UK. I'll try it again at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yeah they fixed this months ago.

A better question now is: "international vat what is this I don't even"...

Advertisement