Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLP

Options
  • 20-07-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, Im just wondering if anybody knows if NLP is regulated in ireland and if so which courses might be recognised. I have completed a degree in psychology and am thinking of training in NLP in order to become a practitioner. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Train to be a psychologist or psychotherapist, that way you will be considered a psychological professional who can work for bodies such as the HSE. That would be my suggestion.

Personally I don't consider it as a form of therapy and professionally I don't think the HSE would allow me to refer a person to a NLP practitioner. If you do a serach of this forum you should find some threads on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

As someone with an interest in psychology perhaps someone can answer this? -

What is the verdict on NLP? What have studies shown about its validity? Do accredited psychologists use it?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

bureau2009 wrote: »
    As someone with an interest in psychology perhaps someone can answer this? -

What is the verdict on NLP? What have studies shown about its validity? Do accredited psychologists use it?

Many thanks.

No evidence that it works, evidence that some of its theoretical base is wrong. No, psychologists don't use it, perhaps the odd quack might but generally no. It holds no interest in the academic or mental health professional community.

Advertisement