Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an attic wired up. Cost?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Want to have my attic wired up with a few electrical outlets with maybe a light and was just curious what kind of a price I'd be looking at?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

contractors on here generally shy away from pricing
    there are a number of factors but no matter what price reply you receive,someone will be quickly on to say its overpriced
    your best bet is to phone your local registered contractor and ask him for a price
    he may give you an indication over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Wasn't necessarily after a price from a contractor really. Maybe someone who has had a similar job done might be able share their information. Would give me a rough idea of what it would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

At an estimate id say roughly between 120-200 depending on number of sockets, lights and spare capactity in fuse board. Cable is expensive these days. My advice is go with a registered contractor with insurance. Stay away from handy men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

yes get a competent sparkie
    i see awful bodging after handymen
    keep in mind your attic may not be a suitable location for electrical equipment

Advertisement