Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad diesel

Options
  • 20-07-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Has anyone managed to put what's been said as bad diesel into their car in navan?I only got my car serviced in main car dealers 4 weeks ago,I filled it up and my car has not been the same since...Feels like car is pulling and a lot of black smoke..Where I got the diesel in navan there are signs up saying we only use diesel supplied by top Ireland ...now I'm wondering has other people complained about the diesel and this is the reason the signs are up....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Has anyone managed to put what's been said as bad diesel into their car in navan?I only got my car serviced in main car dealers 4 weeks ago,I filled it up and my car has not been the same since...Feels like car is pulling and a lot of black smoke..Where I got the diesel in navan there are signs up saying we only use diesel supplied by top Ireland ...now I'm wondering has other people complained about the diesel and this is the reason the signs are up....

Please PM me where you got the diesel. I'm a driving instructor in Navan and I'm filling with diesel twice a week so I'd like to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

The black smoke would suggest an issue with the air intake on the car rather than the diesel, bad (or dirty diesel) wears injectors and causes then to leak and loose pressure resulting in a very sluggish throttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can you pm me too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

got diesel in a petrol station in navan that only got me half the mileage usually got. i checked the van on the next fill at my usual and all was fine again

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hoommer

i got diesel in this garage on canon row a number of times. Its very cheap and never seems to have to much of a queue so i was a suspicious but haven't had any problems
    is the diesel in the coal yard ok. Thats cheap too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

I get my diesel on canon row and have never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Noticed the tankers refueling one of these said garages had northern plates :S

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vinn

do not buy diesel in athboy
    it will cost you very dearly

yet another fly by night opened in johnstown been stocked with a tanker with no branding and nothern plates

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Bit if an old thread but I have been stung with bad fuel, filled up from the Kells road and day or two later the EGR valve is fooked!!
    The place has forecourt etc rather than a depot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Any top place, its pure washed muck. Esp the one on the Trim rd out of Navan.

what happened with the top garages

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Abertzalea

Vego wrote: »
    what happened with the top garages

Possibly using the branding without permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

newmug wrote: »
    Any top place, its pure washed muck. Esp the one on the Trim rd out of Navan.

It's not TOP anymore. It lost the agency about 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I've bought diesel in all of the above. Must say I've never had a problem. Touch wood. Cheers for the heads up.

Told by two separate sources that the one on kells road is leased out to a group from Northern Ireland which isn't anything unusual until you start seeing tankers pulling up at 3 in the morning with no markings!

Ill be sticking to the main brands from now on, its just not worth it.

Told by two separate sources that the one on kells road is leased out to a group from Northern Ireland which isn't anything unusual until you start seeing tankers pulling up at 3 in the morning with no markings!

Ill be sticking to the main brands from now on, its just not worth it.

I've been told different from several sources, owner's are much closer to home AFIK.

TBH it doesnt really matter who is running it but that they are selling bad fuel!

TBH it doesnt really matter who is running it but that they are selling bad fuel!

Personally I doubt that, I've been a regular customer to their stations over the past couple of years and haven't had any trouble as yet (touchwood lol).

So I must of got bad fuel from where then? I ONLY used this filling station for my weekly fill as its two mins from my house.....personally I KNOW I got bad fuel from them......your just lucky I guess!

• Advertisement

your just lucky I guess!

Must be, did you have it tested?

Why would I have it tested and waste more money?!?! Look if your associated with them that's fine but don't start trying to tell me I'm wrong.
    I posted here to warn other people as I dont want them to get caught out like I did and spend a fortune on repairs.

Why would I have it tested and waste more money?!?! Look if your associated with them that's fine but don't start trying to tell me I'm wrong.
    I posted here to warn other people as I dont want them to get caught out like I did and spend a fortune on repairs.

Not associated in any way but you're making some very serious and groundless accusations, wouldn't it be better to have it tested and look for compensation for your loss?

BTW a quality test on fuel is a lot cheaper than you're implying, surely worth it.

I haven't mentioned any names have I?? Groundless.....so nearly 1200 euro is a groundless accusation when I only EVER filled up here!

Oh yeah good idea ill go fill my car up again shall I just for it to be tested/repaired and told what I know already....cop on!

BTW theses fuel stations that sell bad diesel dont have bad diesel for sale 24/7 they might only dabble in it once or twice as the gains are huge.........but you mind find that out for yourself soon enough!

I haven't mentioned any names have I?? Groundless.....so nearly 1200 euro is a groundless accusation when I only EVER filled up here!

Oh yeah good idea ill go fill my car up again shall I just for it to be tested/repaired and told what I know already....cop on!

BTW theses fuel stations that sell bad diesel dont have bad diesel for sale 24/7 they might only dabble in it once or twice as the gains are huge.........but you mind find that out for yourself soon enough!

Oh please, you don't know anything, you have no proof to back up your allegations, just bad luck with your car, so yes, that's groundless, check any car site and you'll see failures on VAG, Ford, Renault etc, pretty much every fuel injected car has the potential for a sizable bill for the owner.

Yes, you certainly have named names.

Surely, if you believe in what you're saying you'd be going elsewhere?

I've had a set of injectors go in the past, that's just bad luck, cost roughly the same as well, but I cannot blame a petrol station for it.

Show me where I have said names.....gowan show me!! How do you know I haven't gone/reported elsewhere?!?!
    So I guess the 3 main dealers I have gone to are wrong also......Jezz I must come to you when I have problems with my car as you seem to know it all.

Your making a complete fool of yourself, you know very few of the facts here but your going on like you know every detail...get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Closing this thread now before someone does actually name a business and make un-supported accusations and the name calling starts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement