Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild camping in blessinton

Options
  • 20-07-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all newbie here, A few years ago i went wild camping in Blessington near the lakes but not on the lakes in a pine forest, we parked up and walked half an hour to a beautiful site beside a stream surrounded on three sides by pine trees. Brought the kids and had a great time. Hopefully I can find it again.

drive into blessington, Turn left for the lakes, Do not cross the bridge, go straight for a mile or two and there is a blocked forest road on the right, parked there walked to the end of the forest road Approx 1km, through the trees and out into the open, a fire break i think, and left down to the stream.

Sorry for all the detail, but I am hoping someone will recognise where i am talking about.

I am planning on going back there very soon. Can anybody tell me is is still a good spot? Last time we were there we lit a fire and left it as we found it. Is this still possible, if not in that specific spot then generally around the forests in blessinton.

Sorry for the rambling post, any input would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
    niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Hi niall300

Passing through Blessington last week and went to have a look. There are signs up saying No Camping, No Swimming, No Fires at the gate.
    Walked down to the shore. There were loads of places where fires were lit. There were empty cans and bottles about.

There is a paved road on the right about 1Km from the bridge (the gate is further on). It leads to some houses and there is a parking spot for cars which is locked at 9pm.
    The lake is very low at the moment and the water was way out. Other than that I don't know much about the spot.

Advertisement