Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Windows

Options
  • 20-07-2011 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All
    Got window installed in my new build last year by what I thought was a quality company. The windows are pine pianted windows.
    I thought that the finish was a bit shoddy and the paint has fallen of where some Knots have moved. The company say that this is not covered by them. Basically they told me to read the fine print on the contract. Surely any defects within the first year should be made good. Do I have any rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭muffler

First of all you should read our forum charter especially Section 3.(b) which states
    3.(b) Any content which appears to either exalt or to condemn any specific companies/traders will be deleted and the poster warned or banned or both.
    I have deleted another post of yours in the Prices/costs forum which named the company.

Please dont name the company here

Now to answer your question. We cant really give you any advice as we dont know what's in the "small print" Generally speaking most windows carry a 10 year guarantee on the product but all moving parts and workmanship is covered for 1 year only.

I would suggest you get in touch with an arch. technician/architect/engineer/building surveyor to examine the windows and prepare a report on their condition.

Advertisement