Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike or Mountain Bike?

Options
  • 20-07-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi not sure am I posting in right place but maybe you can redirect me if wrong section. I recently took up cyling last March to be exact and have been cyling pretty consistantly 4 evenings in the week approx 15 - 20km each eve and both sat and sunday approx 30 - 40 km each day. I am aiming to be able to do 100km next summer. I have been using my old mountain bike (which is in good shape and quite light etc) since starting back but have a lot of people telling me that I should get a decent road bike and I would find a huge difference what do people think is it worth it? I wouldnt have huge amount of money to spend either approx 200 - 300 max any recomendations would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Hi not sure am I posting in right place but maybe you can redirect me if wrong section. I recently took up cyling last March to be exact and have been cyling pretty consistantly 4 evenings in the week approx 15 - 20km each eve and both sat and sunday approx 30 - 40 km each day. I am aiming to be able to do 100km next summer. I have been using my old mountain bike (which is in good shape and quite light etc) since starting back but have a lot of people telling me that I should get a decent road bike and I would find a huge difference what do people think is it worth it? I wouldnt have huge amount of money to spend either approx 200 - 300 max any recomendations would be grateful

100Klm? Road Bike! Definitly. Search the cycling forum. there's loads of treads with 2 - 300 euro bike recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Go for road!!!
    I always cycled mountain bikes, recently bought a hybrid (which has narrow tires just a little wider than road bike,) and I will never EVER go back to MTB.

Unless I'm going off-road, of course! ;)

Advertisement