Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female singer wanted to join regular gigging band (MIDLANDS BASED)

Options
  • 20-07-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Dedicated female singer wanted for established pub/function band with a very modern setlist. Experience is good but a fast learner is just as welcome. Rehearsals will be fast, to get you gigging asap, so you will be expected to have lots of preperation done before each rehearsal, so no time wasters please, no time for learning songs at rehearsal, only polishing the edges.

Band consists of Guitarist/Vocals Keyboards/vocals Drums and you. Nice down to earth people to work with, no divas or egos in the band, handy number for the right person.. 2 of the members of the band have families so no long hours or long travelling, none of this leaving at 2 in the day, back at 7 in the morning stuff.. No long soundchecks.. Arrive 1hr max before a gig.

Gigs will be mostly based around Athlone, Moate, Roscommon, Ballinasloe, etc with some extra travelling required for larger events like weddings and functions, however pay will reflect these type of events, and we wont travel any more than an hour unless its really worth your while.

If you would like an audition for this, or would like any further information please pm me...

Thanks

Ken

Comments

What kind of stuff do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

At the moment, its two male singers so we do anything from Calvin Harris, Paulo Nutini, MGMT, Ceelo Green, Empire of the Sun, etc along with small amount of 80's and 90's songs..

Basicly, all the hits over the last 2 years, plus a few classics thrown in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Paula_Maula

Hi, not experienced with a band but have been singing for about 18 years with various church groups and folk groups. I'm based in Cavan.

Sure let me know what you think....

HI,

Thanks for the reply..

If you feel that you are able to be dedicated enough to travel to the midlands for a lot of your gigs then I'd be happy to give you a tryout :) We'd also do a few in your area to balance things out.

Give me a pm and we'll arrange an audition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Magda_m

Hi
    I am looking for some summer job as I am a student starting the music degree course this year.I am well experienced ,professional and dedicated.I also play keyboard.I live in Navan but I would have no problem travelling.

mzagorowska@gmail.com

• Advertisement

Magda_m wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking for some summer job as I am a student starting the music degree course this year.I am well experienced ,professional and dedicated.I also play keyboard.I live in Navan but I would have no problem travelling.

mzagorowska@gmail.com

Hi Magda,

Thanks for the interest. Im afraid we would need someone who is in for the foreseeable future, not just a summer job. There is a lot of hard work required from everyone in the band to get a new singer on the go.

If im understanding you incorrectly let me know, we'll arrange an audition for you.

Open audition for this place in the band taking place at 7.30 this evening in the function room in Gap House in Moate.

All welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Al Pinionpants

Hi, just wondering if you'd be prepared to take on 2 members, a talented young female singer, with some gigging experience, and myself. I am an energetic singer with good rhythm/acoustic guitar skills and about 11 years of playing shows from pubs to big stages. I may be able to offer bass playing if needed. We're based between North Tipp and Longford at the minute, playing acoustic pub gigs, but are looking for a fuller sound.

...4 vocals, 2 guitars, keys and drums would be a hell of a lot fuller!

We have a similar enough setlist ourselves at the minute. let me know if you're interested, here's a sample of what we do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xACEBjaopyk ...just a bedroom recording done when we started out playing as a duo please forgive my first attempts as producer! :P

As above, auditions took place last monday and the position has been filled.. Thanks for the interest though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Kenny DNK wrote: »
    the position has been filled
    Thread closed in that case. Please let me know if you want it reopened.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement