Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for free International SMS

Options
  • 20-07-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know of a good Android App that allows you to send free international SMS messages using your Vodafone or 02 account? That way the message will come up as your own name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jelly sms

cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I use Textdroid

Would be nice if one of the actual SMS apps like Chomp or Handcent offered this option as I would gladly pay to keep all my messages in a conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Zagato wrote: »
    I use Textdroid

Would be nice if one of the actual SMS apps like Chomp or Handcent offered this option as I would gladly pay to keep all my messages in a conversation

Cabbage lite adds the SMS into your message store so Handcent reads them as part of the conversation after you send from Cabbage....

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbage&feature=search_result

Also cabbage plus is now a full SMS client which reads messages in a conversations style similar to Handcent and gives you the option to send via webtext or as a real sms
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbageultimate&feature=search_result

for €0.99 its a good value

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

neacy69 wrote: »
    Cabbage lite adds the SMS into your message store so Handcent reads them as part of the conversation after you send from Cabbage....

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbage&feature=search_result

Also cabbage plus is now a full SMS client which reads messages in a conversations style similar to Handcent and gives you the option to send via webtext or as a real sms
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbageultimate&feature=search_result

for €0.99 its a good value

I've been using Cabbage lite for months now. Didn't realise there was a super version. I've just bought it. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

i use fishtext for this.
    int texts are 1p

you need web sms from market and the fishtext connector

then you can use sms droid to tidy it all up.

i find it very reliable and user friendly

oh and all texts come from your mobile number, think its free to try via the web so no harm checking it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    i use fishtext for this.
    int texts are 1p

you need web sms from market and the fishtext connector

then you can use sms droid to tidy it all up.

i find it very reliable and user friendly

oh and all texts come from your mobile number, think its free to try via the web so no harm checking it out

How do they charge you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Zagato wrote: »
    How do they charge you?

i use pay pal , put a fiver in and it lasts me a couple of months and i send several texts daily international.
    the reason i like it is because with the connectors mentioned above i can send the texts like sms with my number being used.

if i dont have wifi then i use the stock sms app and it all updates and transfers over so i have continual threads of messages.

its not free and there are programs out there that are totally free but this one does everything i want and works well so im happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

+1 for cabbage here. used it numerous times without issue.

Advertisement