Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writing an ebook? ibsn question

Options
  • 19-07-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I see that some people here have published their own ebooks. my question is did you get an ibsn number for them.

I know that the company that issues them is neilsen in the uk but they only issue them 10 at a time and i only want one. did any of you find this problem and how did you get around it.

I suppose i could technically publish it in the us and use one of there services (approx $19) to get an ibsn.

the reason I'm asking is that ibook require an ibsn afaik.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

I used Smashwords (and their free isbns) to distribute to the iBookstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Dublin141 wrote: »
    I used Smashwords (and their free isbns) to distribute to the iBookstore.

I was thinking of doing that or just paying for an ibsn and releasing it through amazon too.

thanks for that I was worried that there might be a problem as there is a number issuer for uk and ireland.

great thats another problem off the list. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

sheesh wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing that or just paying for an ibsn and releasing it through amazon too.

thanks for that I was worried that there might be a problem as there is a number issuer for uk and ireland.

great thats another problem off the list. thanks.

Amazon as in Kindle? If so, you don't need an isbn to publish directly on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Dublin141 wrote: »
    Amazon as in Kindle? If so, you don't need an isbn to publish directly on Amazon.

Thanks for that. Yeah i know don't need it for Amazon but Iread somewhere that you do need it for ibooks I am doing the book for someone else so I want all my options open

Advertisement