Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Juarez 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This isn't Call of Juarez. It's a stupid attempt to use an already existing series, throw the name in there, and have a game that has nothing in common with the previous games. I really enjoyed the 1st game, but never managed to finish the 2nd. Won't be touching this though, as it looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Saw few gameplay vids of this on youtube and im already put off by just the look of it, the graphics look so ****ty...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It was bad news right from the start. The minute it veered from faint originality (ie semi decent storyline western shooter with some nice twists and turns), to a ridiculously boring, bland game that bares no resemblence WHATSOEVER to the first two games, I lost interest. If it was a continuation and improvement on the formula the first two games had, I'd definitely be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1st one was okish (prefered Gun) 2nd one went all COD wasnt great (still played it ). Not much hope for this but will still get it for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

BiB was a great game. THe original was deeply flawed (i gave up on it truth be told, the platforming bits were abysmal). But BiB was a great western shooter and deserved a better sequel than this trash. Just another attempt to ride the coattails of cod and make a modern day setpiece fuelled shooter.
    I wont be buying it thats for sure. It could be the greatest game ever, but buying it just sends the message to ubisoft that all they need to do to sell copies is take good original ideas and transform them into ten a penny modern shooters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

6/10 is quite generous going by what I've played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it out?

When first time I heard of it I was thinking of western. Then when I checked boxart there were good few modern weapons.... I was like wtf?!

So it's pile of shut so? Or.anather eurogamer ****y snobby review?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Eurogamer wrote:
    This is an action thriller very much in the vein of early Seagal rather than an over-the-top Grindhouse blowout

Wow, that could make it a must buy for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

humanji wrote: »
    Wow, that could make it a must buy for me. :D

I'm after finishing the first mission and I'm impressed. Seems to be a bit of screen tear in some places but overall not too bad. Gunplay feels nice and solid, and even the driving sections don't feel tacked on.

I think they nailed its "atmosphere" with the description of an early Seagal movie. There also is something about it that reminds me a bit of The Shield, dirty DEA agent, brutal LAPD detective and an FBI agent who used to run with street gangs in LA. Story so far is typical action movie fare - DEA office in LA gets bombed, task force gets put together to dismantle the Mexican Cartel behind it and find the people responsible.

Definitely not a bad game apart from some graphics issues. So far it feels like a solid FPS with a decent story I want to see more of. As I said though, only 1 mission in and those are my first impressions of it. Will post more when I've had a chance to play further.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it out?

When first time I heard of it I was thinking of western. Then when I checked boxart there were good few modern weapons.... I was like wtf?!

So it's pile of shut so? Or.anather eurogamer ****y snobby review?

out today I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Early impressions the story is actually pretty good, Mexican drug cartels, US gangs and dirty undercover cops.

Back grounds look good but the characters can be a bit off. One huge issue I noticed is the gun you hold doesn't stop twitching really off putting.

Something about it keeps niggling at me, every time it starts getting good something crappy happens like freezing screens or the sound just cutting off for a second. Maybe if they patch it it could be more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That fiddling with a gun cr@p they do in games annoys me. It was ok for Sonic to tap his foot after 5 mins of no movement, but some games are silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

DarkJager wrote: »
    I think they nailed its "atmosphere" with the description of an early Seagal movie. There also is something about it that reminds me a bit of The Shield, dirty DEA agent, brutal LAPD detective and an FBI agent who used to run with street gangs in LA. Story so far is typical action movie fare - DEA office in LA gets bombed, task force gets put together to dismantle the Mexican Cartel behind it and find the people responsible
    Seems a bit... uncomfortable to be taking what is essentially a 90s action flick story and slotting it into a contemporary crisis that is killing people every day. Does the game actually say anything worthy about the Mexican drug wars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Reekwind wrote: »
    DarkJager wrote: »
    I think they nailed its "atmosphere" with the description of an early Seagal movie. There also is something about it that reminds me a bit of The Shield, dirty DEA agent, brutal LAPD detective and an FBI agent who used to run with street gangs in LA. Story so far is typical action movie fare - DEA office in LA gets bombed, task force gets put together to dismantle the Mexican Cartel behind it and find the people responsible
    Seems a bit... uncomfortable to be taking what is essentially a 90s action flick story and slotting it into a contemporary crisis that is killing people every day. Does the game actually say anything worthy about the Mexican drug wars?

No. This game has no deep thoughts about it and doesn't attempt to get too political. I'm near the end now and have to say the story has been brilliant, I've been really surprised actually.

After every thing i read in reviews about it, I'm glad I ignored all the negative feedback and just played it myself. Not a bad game at all and defo worth a rental at least. I also still have 2 character stories to play through so the longevity is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Can't see gametrailer review of it.

I usually check theirs review and gameplay to decide if I like it.

It's for 14 pauds on zavvi. I can bet my balls that it will be a poor console port for pc with horrible optimisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Played the first and second. enjoyed them both even though gameplay was a bit different in them. I actually enjoy western themed games. Haven't picked this one up yet but i will eventually even though its gone a way from the wild west theme.

Advertisement