Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumpy bottles

Options
  • 19-07-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Has anyone used 12 ltr dumpy bottles went looking for a tall 12ltr today they didn't have one so got a dumpy instead is there a difference will be wearing it with a pony bottle mounted on the back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JasonG

I haven't used a pony bottle before but I do know a dumpy/stumpy is much more comfortable to use (although a bit more silly looking).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

JasonG wrote: »
    (although a bit more silly looking).
    :( My bottle is not silly looking :p

I find the dumpy slightly easier as I don't have to be too picky about the height adjustment with my bcd. Can be a bit easier to lug around too. Can't comment on the pony bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Some people (including myself) prefer tall bottles as they distribute weight further down the back. Comes in handy when you're wearing an ill-fitted drysuit!

Advertisement