Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a dongle in Cork on Saturday night?

Options
  • 19-07-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm landing at Cork airport at 6pm this Saturday night.

Where would I be able to get a Three, Voda and/or Meteor USB dongle & pay-as-you go sim.

As per a previous thread I am leaving Cork 8am Sunday and would like to check 3G coverage as I visit various properties.

If it means spending €100 to get a couple of dongles then so be it!!

For example, does anyone know if the Tesco Extra in Douglas stocks pay aas you go sim cards & dongles?

Cheers!!

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A Friday night you could go any major shopping centre till 9pm or 10pm. But Saturday night all is closed by 6pm or 7pm apart from Food parts of Supermarkets that are 24 hr.

But waste of time and money, honestly.

It may be unpleasant and some won't like me saying it, but the ONLY way to ensure you have broadband on a property is to buy one that has broadband, unless it's passed by UPC cable that the next door neighbour is getting BB from (some UPC cable doesn't do BB).

Even a next door neighbour with Fixed Wireless or DSL (phone line) broadband only increases likelihood. Not 100% assurance. So if your livelihood depends on Broadband only get a property with it.

Doing an ad-hoc survey of 3G tells you almost nothing. It's not BB anyway. Apart from Latency, the Satellite Internet is better than 3G on average.

http://www.radioway.info/comparewireless/

Advertisement