Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sore muscles

Options
  • 19-07-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    i am a yoga fan but irregular attender, i fell out of it just over ayear ago
    but my body told me i needed to go back to it if you know what i mean

anyway i bit the bullet last night and went to a class
    i loved it, could do most of the poses even if just for a little bit,
    i know it will take time to build strength and stamina so i thought i took it easy but today i am in agony, my muscles ache all over,
    i was a bit naughty this morning i took a difene so i could go to work but i don t think that is really in keeping with teh ethos of yoga-
    does anyone have any advice, i really did think i had taken it handy

thanks
    peg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Namaste1

Hi peggie, poor you! Coming back to yoga after a break can often end up in aches in places you never knew you could get aches! I find the best thing is to "get back on the horse" and see if you can manage a few gentle stretches to stop you from seizeing up and ease some of the aching. It will get better as the weeks go on and you should be less sore after each week - so don't give up! Your body will thank you in the long run :)

Hot bath and gentle excercise should help too!

Advertisement