Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking shoes

Options
  • 19-07-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Back for advice again!

Need a pair of shoes/runners for walking 20-30km a day on road for between 5 and 10 days, with gear like tent, food ect on my back!!

suggestions?
    and where to buy?

Thanks guys! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

For roads, wear trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭masterjk

ive been told that, but im more looking for like any brands that are better than others?

any brands to avoid?

should i go and by in somewhere like elverys? or an outdoor shop? or would somewhere online like jackson sport be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

If you are going to use trainers for road walking then New Balance are a good brand - back in the days when my knees allowed me to run, I always wore New Balance shoes.

you could try walking shoes - they look like trainers but are designed for walking. Meindl would be a good brand for this (I currently have a pair of meindl boots and walking shoes).

If in Dublin, then try the great outdoors store for advice. 51 degress north havea few stores around Dublin and they are good too. Also Base camp on Abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

salomon is a good make, x-tracks-gtx, are good, light and waterproof and more of a hicking shoe then a runner - http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/x-tracks-gtx.html

salomon also do some nice runners that will just be better then ones you get in the local sport shop, http://www.salomon.com/uk/segment/trail-running-shoes.html

Advertisement